Meet the leader of Kobler in Denmark, Philip Örtegren
Meet the leader of Kobler in Denmark, Philip Örtegren: – It’s a big potential for advertising synergies in Scandinavia!
Philip Örtegren’s career at Kobler has advanced quickly. Since the 29-year-old from Stockholm started three years ago, he has been instrumental in establishing Kobler in Sweden. His next goal is to make Kobler the first choice for contextual marketing throughout Scandinavia as the new Head of Sales for Kobler in Denmark.
In mid-April, the first Kobler campaign in Denmark went live. In recent months, Philip has familiarized himself with the Danish market. Now he can’t wait to show Danish advertisers the possibilities of 3rd generation contextual marketing and help customers with Scandinavian campaigns. We have talked with Philip to hear about his plans and ambitions for the launch in Denmark.
– Let's start from the beginning. How did you become interested in marketing?
– My career started with horses and cowboy boots, so I dare say I've had a slightly different journey. My childhood interest in western riding took me to Texas in my teens, where I eventually started a horse center and competed at the top level. This position gave me a lot of big sponsors that I promoted in different ways, which I found exciting. When, after several years, I decided to end my western career and moved back to Sweden, marketing became an interesting direction to explore.
I got a job as a Key Account Manager at a publisher ad sales company. After a couple of years, I wanted to enter an industry in greater development. I became curious about adtech, and eventually got in touch with Kobler. I was quickly convinced by Kobler's sustainable advertising solution, which both ensures effect for the customer and protects consumers’ privacy.
– Can you tell us about your journey in Kobler?
– I joined Kobler three years ago to help getting established in Sweden. When Kobler opened in Sweden in 2020, after barely a year on the Norwegian market, no one in Sweden knew about Kobler or contextual marketing. Today, contextual marketing is one of the most obvious solutions to death of Third-Party cookies, and Kobler is advertisers' first choice. It's been a magical journey. I’m incredibly happy that Kobler continues to invest, both with technology development and expansion, and I’m excited that I get to lead the work in Denmark. I'm looking forward to the journey ahead.
– What are your expectations when Kobler enters Denmark?
– Our decision to enter Denmark is based on a thorough evaluation of the Danish market and conversations with current customers in Norway and Sweden and with media agencies and advertisers in Denmark. We have long noticed great demand from our customers to help them with campaigns throughout Scandinavia.
Copenhagen is a Nordic hub for advertising where many of the major advertisers' marketing departments are located. Our studies show that there are extremely large advertising synergies in Scandinavia. Therefore, it is not only a fantastic opportunity, but a necessity for us to enter Denmark.
– Can you tell us a bit more about how Scandinavian campaigns are performed?
– Scandinavian campaigns with Kobler should be as easy and seamless as performing a campaign in a single market. We put together a team of local advisors to help plan and execute the campaign so that we can maximize synergies and build connectivity. At the same time, we help customers develop strong local angles and adapt context and messages where necessary.
– Can you say something about your ambitions for the launch in Denmark?
– Our ambition is to be the first choice for contextual marketing throughout the Nordics. We already have this position in Norway and Sweden, and now we are working from the start to become leading in Denmark too.
The launch in Denmark will be much more explosive than before. This means that we have developed the technology in parallel with starting conversations with customers about campaigns. Still, we know that we can deliver what we promise from the start. In April we go live with campaigns for over 5 million NOK. Our ambition is NOK 24 million in revenues in the first year.
– What are the future prospects for contextual marketing in Denmark and Europe?
– The demand for contextual marketing in Denmark and elsewhere in Europe is increasing and will accelerate in the future. This is due to several things.
– First, there are still many in the industry who do not know the opportunities with 3rd generation contextual marketing. Advertisers we meet tell us that we are opening up a new world for them, where they can advertise precisely and with full control, without the use of personal data. In the marketing world, the rule has long been: more data – better advertising. New studies show that by working very relevant contextually, you can have better effects such as better attention, liking, call to action, brand recall and credibility. Also, the quality of traffic is improved.
– Secondly, the EU and local data protection authorities will regulate behavioural marketing more strictly in the future, and sanction violations more closely. We see examples where large tech companies are fined billions of kroner for privacy violations. Advertisers are beginning to understand that advertising with personal data is not sustainable in the long term. With contextual marketing, they don't have to worry about GDPR or abusing consumers' personal data. Contextual marketing reaches one hundred percent of users. Non-consent and cookies are not even an issue.
– You will spend a lot of time in Copenhagen ahead. Is there anything in particular you're looking forward to?
– First and foremost, I look forward to getting to know customers and the industry in Denmark and creating fantastic contextual campaigns together. Agencies and clients are already warmly welcoming us. Everyone I've met wants to test our solution as quickly as possible, which is promising.
– Copenhagen is also one of my favorite cities. It's a bit like a dream come true to get to spend more time there. Copenhagen has an international metropolitan vibe that I have not found elsewhere in Scandinavia. The food, culture and atmosphere are fantastic, concludes Philip.
Kobler is ready to help you with contextual campaigns in Denmark. Contact us for collaboration!
Do you have questions? Wonder how to start using contextual marketing? Contact one of our advisers
- Head of Sales Denmark
- +46 73 987 93 98
- Nordic Key Account Manager
- +47 934 56 430