Senior Java developer
We are growing and looking for a Senior Java developer to complement our development team! In the autumn 2018 we were seven and by the end of 2019 we will be 20+ employees, still there is plenty of room for new colleagues to shape our product and company future.
Your skills and experience
We do not expect you to have industry knowledge or to know all the technologies, but your skills, experience and the complexity of the problems you have solved must be relevant. For these positions experience with development of distributed systems is key. Experience with DevOps and cloud infrastructure is a big plus. Formally you have a higher degree and 5+ years of relevant experience. Talent and curiosity to acquire new skills can compensate for the full 5 years.
You are familiar with some of these technologies/methodologies:
- Processing of big data for fulfilment, performance and product development
- Natural language processing and algorithms such as e.g. Word2vec
- MySQL, Redis or time series databases.
- Apache Solr or Elastic search
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Cloud infrastructure experience is a bonus. E.g. Kubernetes or AWS.
- Open source software
- GitHub, Jenkins
Currently the development team is occupied with:
- Scalability beyond Norway and Sweden
- Automation of bidding algorithms to maximise advertiser ROI
- Location based targeting
- Make data transparent and actionable through machine learning
- Cluster migration of AWS instances
- CI/CD implementation
Who we are
Kobler is a trusted B2B company located in Oslo, Norway. Our expertise is processing of huge amounts of text and real time systems. Since 2012 we have focused on the ad tech industry. Our guiding star is to make one of the most effective and human-friendly advertising products in the industry – both for the advertiser and the consumer. For two years we have proved that this can be achieved without compromising the privacy of the consumer by contextually coupling ads with relevant newspaper articles, without storing any user data at all.
Kobler consists of people with different nationalities; Norway, India and Poland, and with different backgrounds: Sales and marketing, product development, software development, data science and operations people. We are growing — in the autumn 2018 we were seven and by the end of 2019 we will be 20+ employees, still there is plenty of room for new colleagues to shape our product and future.
We work with the largest media houses in Norway and Sweden such as Schibsted, Aller, Bonnier and Amedia, and their infrastructure partners Google Adx and Appnexus. Our customers are large and medium sized well known advertisers like McDonald’s, If, Sparebank1, Telia, OBOS, and their media agencies like Red, Mediacom, Carat, and Futatsu.
The distributed system which makes this possible is developed in-house, runs as a self service 24/7 and responds to thousands of auctions per second.
Employees working with us are dedicated, self going and curious, and they are motivated by improving how we work, from the early design steps all the way to deployment and maintenance. Work language is English and the atmosphere is informal with mutual trust. A couple of times per year we find time to socialise outside the office. Last time we went eating at Katla, and sailing before that. Going forward we have the ambition to be more on the startup scene and technical conferences, and to have our developers present stuff we are proud of. Nearly all of us have small kids, and we are flexible if you need to work from home every now and then.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours.
- Five weeks holiday. Flexibility to spend it.
- Health insurance.
- Possibility for equity.
- Mobile and internet at home covered.
- Portable Mac/PC, external screens and tools. Developer satisfaction is key to us!
- Centrally located in the Epicenter Oslo, with a too good lunch.
- Great colleagues. Really.
- Practical help to relocate and find a place to stay.
- Oslo – the capital for people who wants to live in the big city but enjoy the great outdoors! The Oslofjord is excellent for swimming and sailing, and the nearby forest and mountains (Marka) are great for hiking, climbing and skiing.
If you would like to contribute to make a unique product, work with the latest technologies and make advertising on internet better for the society do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com!