Here at Kobler we have built a unique product where advertisers can deliver relevant ads without using personal data at all. Whenever an online newspaper article is read there is a real time auction where the winner gets to display their ads. Most of the participants in these auctions bid based on what they know about you, i.e., your personal data that they have gathered or bought from data harvesting companies. Our platform instead contextually couples ads to the article - if you’re reading an article about the best local takeout restaurants, we might place an ad from Foodora. This lets us place relevant ads without tracking of any kind.
This position is open for remote contractors in the EU.
You will be joining the team responsible for developing and maintaining all the customer touch points within Kobler. We strive to be a 100% self-served product, and that requires an intuitive and frictionless web application interface, and the bells and whistles that come with it, such as automated user follow-up, user communication, real-time feedback, and more.
In addition to the Kobler web application, the customer facing team is tasked with creating tools and services that enable the customer to stay on top of their advertising campaigns at all times, e.g.:
- Automated campaign highlight service (including article screenshots)
- Automated notification system (Twilio email and sms notifications)
- KPI reporting and metrics
We build all these things and more with the latest technology, powered by AWS cloud.
Our tech stack:
- Node.js (express)
- React/Redux (Redux-Saga, styled components)
- 100% automated CI/CD (Docker, CircleCI)
We are seeking a self-driven, experienced web developer that is looking for a new challenge. Specifically you will be working on:
- Creating user-friendly and intuitive web app interfaces and other customer touch points
- Creating and maintaining supporting back end services and APIs
- Contributing to the customer journey and user experience of all Kobler products
- Writing clean and maintainable code in collaboration with your colleagues
Strong competency in web technologies:
- Some UI framework experience, e.g. React (it’s not important which one)
- 3+ years of experience
It is a plus (but not required) if you have experience with:
- UX/design work
- Testing/writing testable code
- CI/CD and DevOps
Personal qualities and skills
We are looking for a motivated and solution oriented person who loves to find elegant and scalable solutions to a growing business. You are a team player and your English communication skills are excellent. It is a bonus if you are curious and keep an eye on new technologies and standards.
Work from anywhere within the EU.
Please submit your application to email@example.com
Feel free to contact Karim Ghouas (CTO) for any questions.